Perfect Blue (1998)
Millennium Actress (2001)
Tokyo Godfathers (2003)
Paranoia Agent (2004)
Dreaming Machine (TBA)
For some reason I thought he directed more? It bums me out that he didn’t. Paprika next, then Tokyo Godfathers again because I saw that forever ago, but first the massive mountain of things I want to get done oops. If you’ve never seen any of these, you now have your homework. As to what you should watch first I recommend the first one you can get your hands on, although Tokyo Godfathers is the one that will least make you want to clutch your head and scream WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH.
wow i’m having a feelings jam with a friend over the internet and my roommate looked up and went
“um i can feel your typing through the couch”
I’m pretty sure that’s the computer equivalent of throwing a chair through the window?
Someone seriously needs to watch Paranoia Agent with me right now??? I no longer have any idea what’s happening and I need to scream at someone???
oh also changed my icon yep
Now how will Leap Day William trade my tears for candy??
I know you’re fucking with me but
So I have a half hour (at least) commute a few days a week, and this past week has given me some deep insights about my life, namely—
Things I Shouldn’t Sing Along With When I Have Laryngitis
- scuse me you’re a helluva guy you know I reallygottathing for American guys
- SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS
- Disney songs on the college station’s kiddie hour
- that one bruno mars song I hate but sing because it’s catchy
- oldies full of mangrit
Things I Won’t Sing Along With When I Have Laryngitis
(I think the karaoke parlors are what I miss most about NYC )
The winners of the contest have been notified! Thank you to all who participated in the music-making process!
Now… onto the second part of this shindig. There’s a lot of artistic talent out there in the fandom!!! So we’ve decided to open our options and allow people to submit track art this time! It only seems fitting alongside the contest.
If you want to contribute track art to be displayed with the winning tracks, please follow these specifications:
- Each piece of art must be resizeable to 350x350. Maximum dimensions for submission are 700x700. Each file must be smaller than 1MB.
- PNG or JPG format only.
- Each piece of art must have a focus on a particular BETA/ALPHA KID or a particular TROLL/ANCESTOR. It’s okay if the art has more than one character in it, just as long as it could be construed as being “about” a particular one. It would help the filename clearly states what character it is, for example: john_egbert_sexy_bootes.png or dolorosa_by_INAFKNG.jpg
- You may only submit up to three files. Keep all three files to one e-mail.
- When you submit, give a name I can credit the art to and a link to your website/tumblr/portfolio/what have you.
- E-mail art to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59PM EST on Saturday, March 3rd.
Here are the answers to questions that will inevitably be asked:
Q: Why just kids and trolls? I want to draw Sawtooth and Squarewave!
A: Not every character in Homestuck is represented by the chosen tracks, and being too specific about the characters would ruin some of the surprise. It’s better for everyone if I don’t get 500 drawings of Frigglish when none are needed.
Q: I drew this fanart BEFORE you announced you were collecting art, but I cropped and resized it and now it fits the specifications. Is it okay if I submit it?
A: Yes. That is actually the main type of submission I am hoping to get, and why the deadline is so close. There is no need to draw anything new specifically for this. At all.
Q: Do I get paid if my art is chosen?
A: Nope! The idea is kind of “wow, this fanart I drew for free is now being displayed on an album. Cool.”
I always look at those question memes and think about reblogging but then my eyes cross because CHRIST that is a lot of questions and only half of them are interesting? I don’t want to go to bed yet though so come at me right in the ask box and keep me awake with interesting and insightful questions about my personal philosophy and motifs (or silly questions about fandom and my life) (I am probably better at that second one)
my sister just threw her hands up in the air and yelled KNIT ME AN OCTOPUS SWEATER WITH A HOLE FOR MY EXTRA FEELINGS
I think she with her jokes underestimates the amount of free time and extra yarn I have